Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Deuteronomy 11:18-20

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,


I feel like one of my biggest purposes on this earth is teaching my child(ren) about God and the Bible and raising them in a strong, Christian household. And my biggest fear is that I might fail in doing so. God has blessed me with a beautiful, healthy baby who has just turned eight months old. I am so thankful for her and my husband everyday. But with such great blessings, comes such a big responsibility that I can't take lightly. Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." I believe that based on how I conduct myself, my household, my marriage and relationships to church, family, and friends, will greatly determine the outcome of my children's relationship to their Lord and ultimately where they will spend eternity. I think of the great commission in Matthew 28:19-20 when I think of my purpose here on this earth and what greater influence do I have on one than on my own children that the Lord has entrusted to me. 
I am starting this blog, because as I try to daily read my bible, I stumble upon so many verses that I wish I could write all over my house, and could put to memory so that I can teach them to my children. I find myself just underlining and writing them out in a journal, but I don't get to just write about the verses and how I feel about them, so I have decided to blog about God's word!

3 comments:

  1. I'm blessed to have you babe. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ran across your blog! I didn't quite understand how to leave a post, so I will make a comment here regarding scripture in our homes.

    I have scripture framed in our kitchen that I change every now and then depending on the need. Here is what I've posted recently: Romans 8:1-2; Isaiah 41:13; Psalm 63:5; Proverbs 3:1-4; Proverbs 15:1-2; and Proverbs 14:34.

    Right now this is what I have: A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb, but to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet. Proverbs 27:7 To me, this is a reminder for us to be thankful for all that we have (and to be thankful that we don't have all that we desire, otherwise, we might not rely on God as we should).

    I look foward to reading more!


    Sherra

    ReplyDelete